Sunday, November 8, 2009

Calligraphy - a magic

I was so amazed when I just got to know about calligraphy. Calligraphy means beautiful writing.
This art has survived and flourished many years.


Modern calligraphy ranges from functional hand lettered inscriptions and designs to fine art pieces where the abstract expression of the handwritten mark may or may not supersede the legibility of the letters.

Use of colorful pencils, cut nibs and sketch pens makes it possible to write beautifully.
Any calligraphic letter is built up stroke by stroke. Direction of strokes plays a very important role in this matter.

Seeing such art really enhances our sense of aesthetics and make us feel enriched. I saw some calligraphy art forms where a Devnagari script is used and they were extremely enchanting. They really literally created a magic and left me speechless. This form of communication I have never experienced before.

4 comments:

Harshad Godbole said...

I think you should c this
http://www.achyutpalav.com/

Anuja Khaire said...

I visited http://www.achyutpalav.com/home.htm

This site covers all the events and art works of Achyut Palav who is a renowned personality in the world of calligraphy.

It is really mesmerizing.
Thanks a lot for recommending this site.

अपर्णा said...

I had thought of learning Devnagari Caligraphy during my last India trip but could not fit that into the time..My sis learnt it from Achyut Palav. He takes Sessions in Mumbai and she sent me a few calig writings and those are amazing...As it is I cant draw (I mean even if I do peple wont recoginze what is that:)) thats why I wanted to see how it turns out with me...May be next time...:)

Anuja Khaire said...

All the best Aparna!
It is may be a tedious job to learn Devnnagri Calligraphy, but when you will see a result after some days of hard work, you will experience a pure joy of creating something new!!